Aldi has brought back Lacura makeup, a limited-edition own brand beauty range, for its U.K. customers. The line sold out quickly online and in stores the first time around.
The makeup range includes concealer, corrector pens, powder, mascaras, BB cream and a new lip gloss. Although inspired by brands such as YSL, Maxfactor, L’Oréal and Garnier, the entire line costs £20.24. The discount supermarket chain has relaunched Lacura as one of its Specialbuy offers. Released every Sunday and Thursday online and in stores, Specialbuys include exclusive products across all categories, from housewares and clothing to electronics and beauty — but, Aldi warns, once they’re gone, they’re gone.
Lacura looks to be the first exception to this rule. Some products in the own brand beauty collection include the following:
- The Lacura CC Colour Correcting Stick Set, priced at £4.99, marketed to address red or blotchy skin, includes a concealer stick, which provides light coverage; the green stick, which reduces redness and small vein visibility; and the rose stick, which balances out dark shadows on the face and under the eyes. Compare with Maxfactor’s equivalent pens, which cost £25.
- The Lacura Concealer Pen, marketed to cover dark circles and highlight cheeks, is priced at £2.99. The concealer pen comes in three colors to suit sandy, rosy and darker complexions. Compare with YSL’s Touce Éclat Highlighting Pen, which costs £25.
- The Lacura BB Cream offers customers a lighter alternative to foundation. Priced at £2.99, the cream comes in three skin shades — light, medium and summer glow. Compare with Garnier’s BB Cream, which costs £9.99 — a 70% difference in price.
- The Lacura Mineral Powder and Brush, formulated with minerals that are meant to balance out skin irregularities, costs £3.79. Compare with L’Oreal True Match powder, priced at £6.99.
- The Lacura Cushion Lip Gloss comes in brick, nude and neutral and contained Shea butter and macadamia nut oil. Each costs £2.99.
- The Lacura 3D-effect Mascara, Lacura Volume Sensational Mascara and Lacura XXL Extreme Lashes Mascara each cost £2.49.
For more on Aldi’s complete health and beauty range, click here.