GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — Dollar General is positioning itself as a one-stop destination for summer via exclusive offers designed to incentivize shoppers into its stores.
The company remains focused on delivering everyday low prices and value to its customers, but is leveraging its digital coupon program and exclusive offers to differentiate itself from other dollar stores.
“Having some of America’s top brands deliver exclusive and limited-edition products in our stores reflects our strength as the sector leader and vast retail footprint represented by more than 13,600 locations in 44 states,” said Todd Vasos, Dollar General’s CEO.
From now through June 18, customers will have access to Dollar General’s Fast Way to Save offers. Customers can download savings to their Dollar General digital coupon account or sign up for an account at www.dollargeneral.com/couponsor through the Dollar General app. Savings are available on national brands including Dial, Bounty, Crest and Aquafina and Dollar General’s 100% satisfaction-guaranteed private brands including DG health, DG body, Clover Valley and DG home. All digital coupons may be redeemed only one time through June 18.
As for the products that will be available only at Dollar General starting this week, these include:
- Oreo Mississippi Mud Pie — The new Oreo Mississippi Mud Pie Flavor Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookie will be in stores in late May. Customers can also save $1 with the purchase of two products using Dollar General’s digital coupons now through May 27.
- Coca-Cola Share A Coke Military Campaign — From Memorial Day through Labor Day 2017, Dollar General will serve as the only retailer to offer Coca-Cola’s Share a Coke patriotic 16-ounce can series aimed at saluting and honoring military service members, veterans, military spouses, military moms and military dads. The special cans will be available at more than 13,600 stores across the country for $1 each. During the campaign, customers are encouraged to recognize and thank the military community on social media by posting their message and a photo of themselves with one of the military Coca-Cola cans using the #CokeDGSupportMilitary hashtag. Customers are also encouraged to be a force behind the forces by sending a message to service members through the USO at www.destinationcoke.com. In September, Coca-Cola and Dollar General plan to make a $25,000 donation to the USO to further their support for the military community.
- Lipton Meal Maker Program with Sunny Anderson — Lipton Iced Tea and Dollar General are teaming up for a new Simple Summer Meal Solutions program featuring New York Times bestselling author and TV host Sunny Anderson. With in-store and online activation scheduled to begin on May 22, Sunny’s Summer Meal Solutions tool is designed to help customers find delicious, easy-to-make and affordable meals. Sunny personally created five exclusive new summer recipes, which either incorporate the fresh tastes of Lipton iced teas or pair perfectly with them, the company added. Recipes include Sunny’s Mango and Honey Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Sunny’s Easy Peach Tea BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Customers can also save more with a Dollar General digital coupon from Lipton Iced Tea now through August 20.
- Regal Cinemas Popcorn — Dollar General is the exclusive retailer for the microwavable version of movie popcorn through August. Each box of the Regal Cinemas Popcorn contains three bags of popcorn for $2.
- Hawaiian Punch Mango Monsoon — Hawaiian Punch has released a new flavor, Mango Monsoon, exclusively via Dollar General. The family-size one-gallon container is $2.
- Mott’s 100% Apple Mango Juice — Mott’s, meanwhile, is rolling out its new 100% Apple Mango juice to Dollar General in an exclusive package with six eight-ounce servings for $2.75 each.
- Broadway Cosmetics — The new and exclusive makeup line includes eye shadows, mascaras, nail polishes, contouring kits, lip glosses and lipsticks.