Lowe’s Canada this week opened its second store under its new big box model, designed to offer customers an enhanced shopping experience.
The store, located at 850 Langford Pkwy., was formerly a Rona Home and Garden. The retailer had already converted another Rona store in Edmonton North, Alberta.
“As we are actively pursuing the evolution of Lowe’s Big Box in Canada, we are happy to offer the Langford community a new shopping experience by taking the best of what both Lowe’s and Rona banners have to offer to create a new Lowe’s Big Box model,” said Guy Beaumier, interim EVP, Lowe’s Canada Big Box Retail. “We spared no efforts to provide our customers enhanced offers in product, pricing, services and financing, including new features for our contractor clientele.”
The store underwent an extensive 16-week physical transformation, which included construction, departmental sequencing of new racking and re-merchandising, branding and IT conversion. The staff also received extensive training focused on product knowledge and customer service.
The new Langford Lowe’s offers:
- A wider assortment of seasonal products such as patio, holiday and Halloween.
- The introduction of product categories, including appliances, Lowe’s private labels and national brands such as John Deere, Husqvarna and Cub Cadet.
- A broader selection of fashion plumbing products such as tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with the introduction of high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe
- Floor displays featuring the latest in wood flooring and tiles with larger displays allowing customers to better visualize their projects and better experience the texture of flooring products.
- Access to more than 100,000 products on www.lowes.ca.
The new location also caters to commercial customers with:
- The introduction of the Contractor Rewards Program.
- Access to a drive-through lumberyard where contractors can load their vehicles directly to save time, as well as have access to a broader lumber assortment.
- Charge accounts that will allow commercial customers to make purchases at any Rona corporate store in Western Canada, as well as in new model Lowe’s stores. Customers will receive only ‘one’ monthly invoice for all purchases made from these stores.
- Introduction of a corporately owned and operated delivery truck to provide a more personalized level of service for deliveries to contractors.
- Enhanced assortment in key contractor categories, including lumber, building materials, millwork, tools and hardware.
The new Langford Lowe’s marks the company’s 58th store in Canada under the Lowe’s banner and the banner’s second Lowe’s location in the Victoria market. It represents a local investment in excess of $7.8 million and created 30 new jobs; in total, the store has a permanent staff of 135 people and an additional 30 seasonal employees.